Well, Y’all, here we go again.
I have some friends who are the most creative people I have ever seen. I remember in jr. high having them teach me how to practice voices and faces in Christmas ornaments. We used to entertain ourselves for hours (or at least half an hour). (Truth be known, I still do it on occasion. I can’t be hauled off because it doesn’t really count as talking to myself; I am talking to an ornament.)
ANYWAY, I have had the pleasure of renewing our friendship with these creative geniis as I have returned to SJ. They invented this new game—really quite elaborate—based on M*A*S*H*. One of the rules allows for stealing and cheating. After playing the game with me once, they have decided to change the rules completely. Such levels of chicanery had never been thought of before. Needless to say, I won by about triple the points of everyone else. (For example, it didn’t SAY that I couldn’t steal other people’s tokens and holds them for ransom, or the card pile, or the bank…but my favorite is that there is a mash helicopter in the game. The possessor if it at the end gets mega points. No problemo. I smuggled in one of Michael’s matchbox toys. I WON!!! As I pointed out, it doesn’t specifically say in the rules that I can’t smuggle in my own contraband, right?)
Why am I sharing tales of my prowess with y’all? AHEM. It has come to my attention that some unscrupulous persons are planning on cheating in our little lard off endeavor. NO, my beloved nephews (or any other nefarious souls to whom this corresponds) you may not take massive diuretics or laxatives or sweat off 50000 lbs just before you weigh in. ‘twould not be nice. Weight lo$$ needs to be legitimate fat loss.
That all said, I have had problems procuring results, you have had problems sending in results, my computer is possessed and gets the internet about half of the time, if I am lucky…please send us your progress by Monday PMs.
1) Weight will be figured, of course from the first weight you gave me to the final. The weekly graph is just kind of a reminder, visual. I know we have all had some ups and downs in there.
2) Points—send me what you have. That needs to be current. Send me a record of what you have done since our last posting.
3) This is still any bodies game. We have almost a month left and we can do this.
For those of us who may not be having stellar success, I know that for me, it is giving us an opportunity to think, to realign ourselves with where we are and where we want to be. Win or lose, we are still gaining from the experience. I mean, how many times does the average x smoker quit smoking? I don’t remember, it is a bunch.
So, send me your results and let the melting continue.
PS So, do we let Jen count the pounds she lost eating rotten hospital food? Man, we should have made a law! Glad you’re feeling better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment