Sunday, November 16, 2008

Out of Body Experiences

Hello Everyone! Well I think not having contact is almost a strategy in the game. You think everyone else has forgotten so you kind of slip away yourself. To those of you who fell for it...I DIDN'T! I got'cha figured out.

Unfortunatley I have been sick for atleast 3 weeks since the Lard off began. That really throws my excersize routine off. Thank heavens I work out with a dedicated sister though who I go working out with. We either take our stroller rides in the morning or hit the gym at night. I have been slacking since I got virtigo a few weeks ago but I am slowly getting back to my routine. So far I have lost 8LBS...not much.

My family up in Utah are the only ones that have noticed any weight lose so far. So hopefully when I see all the distant family on this side they will she some slight shedding off my sides and theighs =) Inside I dont' feel as committed as I want to be. Family, kids, and church callings seem to want to distract me. However, this weekend was the weekend I work for the month. I met one of my patients mothers and she was sharing with me her sucess stories. HOLY MOLY COW! This woman has lost 180LBS in one year.

She showed me a picture of herself before and my jaw dropped. It was amazing. I asked her what was her secret. How did she do it. She said she just made a personal goal to push play everyday on her DVD player and worked out 30min a day. 4 months of that she went to the gym and did the whole personal trainer thing, now after one year she does the body bug and says she absolutley loves it. In my mind I always tell myself "man, I really can't afford to fork over the dough for a gym trainer..." much less a body bug!!

So I set a personal goal for myself. I am going to push play everyday ( except sunday...if my Heavenly Father has one day of rest I believe I am able to do the same) as well as take my hour walk everyday. So atleast once in the morning and once at night I am recieve some form of physical excersize. My friend also told me she never focus or gave herself a number that she wanted to be. Whether it was weight or dress size. She said she just focused on being healthy. Even now she looks like an average woman size...around sz 14 or so..but she says she doesn't care. She could be a sz23 or sz 8 and as long as she knew she was healthy she would accomplish her goal. So...I do want the big bucks in the end of this competion..dont' get my motives wrong. But I do want to make a life long goal to be healthy.

With a few extra sides of carbs and dairy. My favorite foods =) I love everyone and hope this story inspires you to continue to loose weight and remain healthy even after this competion is over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peace be with you