Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lord, If thou will not bless me skinny...please bless my friends to be fat.

posted by Jennifer

I applauded you!! I have done the very opposite. I actually started my lard off the first of Sept ( I had in my mind that was the starting date.) So, when I received the update from Aunt Mary I thought this will be good! I already started my eating habits and a good excersize routine. It's in the bag. Unfortunately I became sick the saturday before we started. I went ahead anyway and weighed myself on Sunday and noticed I had already lost 4 lbs (which I am not counting since it was before the actual date) Well during my time being sick I thought, " What a good excuse to eat carbs and soda..again!"

Well today the sun was shinning and I am feeling much better! I am ready to get back on track. So I started off this morning with a good ol' protein shake…. 20 min later and I'm starving. Quick, I needed to think of a good distraction. I dashed to my computer to check online ( I love technology) to see if my books had finally arrived to my neighbor library. Yahoo! I grabbed the kid, packed all my crap, and out the door. No food tempting me out there....LIES!

It felt like the green mile! Fast food on my left and on my right the whole way to the library. I can already feel my body starting to fossilize! I go from feeling frumpy and aruging with my closet to anerexic and I can't go another second with out having something in my mouth. Dramatic, you say? Absolutley not. I'm trying to loose weight here folks. Rest assure though, I made it. Not one stink'n soild good tasting piece of food entered my mouth until the big hand and little hand were exactly were they should be on my kitchen clock. ( Is school out yet? Can I eat again? )

So you think this morning went bad for this little girl , my afternoon was worse! Tonight I signed up to bake brownies for our church activity. ( I know...I asked for it) Now your all asking yourself, "Did she or did she not give in this time. That's a lot of choclate and taste testing. I mean the bowl it self has it's own defeating smell and taste that defeats even the best of the controlled eaters. The spatula...the beaters...the dang bowl... the extra that sprays all over the counter. You can't just drop that in the sink and rain over that parade." So did I controll myself. YOU BET I DIDN'T!! I licked, I tasted, I smelled, I gave into it all! Temptation was at my finger tips and I licked all ten of them! Shame? No shame...my husband even had the pleasure of coming home and finding frosting on my forhead. Guilty? Not at all. I knew what I did. I guess the lesson learned is to not sign up for brownies until December. Better make that brownies, cookies, cakes, ice cream...nope this is one Sister that can not commit, cause I have no control.


Good luck to the rest!! I may be dead behind, but hopefully I lose my first!!

3 comments:

Kerry Blair said...

Jennifer, I love it! Thank you for making me laugh -- and giving me willpower. I am on my way into town this very minute. Not only will I have to pass Dairy Queen, Jack in the Box and my favorite pizza dive, but I will have to smell the bread baking from the Subway in WalMart. (Pray for me.)

This weekend is my son's birthday. What kind of a mother would I be if I didn't bake him a cake? I can almost taste those beaters now! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, Kerry, did you bake the cake? Burn the beaters??

Jenn--you insoired me to write a very long blog and a poem. Stay tuned, oh most fortunate of nieces.
MSG

Serena Freewomyn said...

Jennifer, I guess this is proof that charity is bad for your health.