Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ode to a Baby Ruth

I new you guys could hardly wait for this. Here it is. Oh, yeah, if I had had all of your stats, I wouldn't have had time to type this thing in.....
Disclaimer--it is a rough draft and will probably stay a rough draft for ever.

Ode to a Baby Ruth

How do I love thee?
Let me count the weighs.
I love the smooth, rich chocolate
That melts lovingly on my tongue.
I adore the salty crunch of peanuts,
The satisfying cream of sweet nougat,
The decadent stretch of gooey caramel.

When I am sad or lonely, angry or bored,
You are there to comfort me,
Filling every void.

When I am faced with daunting daily decisions—
Do I act? Move? Take the simple steps that overwhelm me?
Steps that will empower me, initiate change?—
You are there, my active inaction, to distract me,
Derail me, save me from leaving my comfort zone.
You ARE my comfort zone.

You alone are always there for me,
You are static, unchanging, never wavering.
You feed my doubts, my guilt, my frustration,
And my desires for success with failure.
I am locked, immobile
In a chasm that we two have created.
You stay with me--my hips, my thighs, my flabby triceps—forever.

Do I love thee? How could I not?

2 comments:

Serena Freewomyn said...

Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! How is your week going?
MSG